Re: [Orgmode] Using orgstruct-mode to structure source code

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Using orgstruct-mode to structure source code
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:39:29 +0200

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,

> Instead of putting org into the source file, would it make sense to
> put the source code into an org file.  Using MuMaMo-Mode
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/MuMaMo and delimiters like
>
> #+BEGIN_LISP
>
> #+END_LISP
>
> it would be possible to activate the appropriate source mode inside of
> the blocks, and it shouldn't be too hard to define an
> `org-export-to-source-code' function.

I wouldn't like that for at least two reasons.

1) Not all files I where I use headlines for structuring are private to
   me.  Such a headline doesn't disturb anybody, but your suggestion
   works out only if everybody who needs to edit those files uses emacs
   and org.

2) All the links to files you get with `describe-function' and friends
   would point to generated files.  If I want to change something, I'd
   have to find the corresponding org file first.

Bye,
Tassilo