Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 6.30d; Hide stars

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 6.30d; Hide stars
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:56:44 -0700

Bernt Hansen wrote:
William Henney <address@hidden> writes:

I can reproduce that too - but it behaves differently for compiled
versus uncompiled files.  If I do a make clean removing all the .elc
files then it works (for that commit) - but after make there it no
fontification when the file is originally loaded.  The commit before
this one works with and without compiling.

I saw this problem on one of my machines yesterday and today as well.  I
thought I had done something wrong.

After loading compiled sources and starting a minimal emacs on the
provided test.org I get (Org Fly Ind Font) on the status line indicating
the active modes.

If I C-c C-c on the #+STARTUP: line it changes to (Org Fly Font) and
fontification returns.

The file I was seeing this with didn't have a #+... line so I found
that if I closed the file and re-opened it then it fontified it just
fine.

Trying it on a different file with a #+TITLE: line I see I can do the
C-cC-c thing and it works as well.

However, I have a different machine that doesn't exhibit this behavior
at all.  Loading a .org file brings it up fontified properly the first
time.  I will have to look into the differences between the settings for
these two machines.

Mark