Re: A simpler remember architecture (was: Re: [Orgmode] Re: is there a h

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: A simpler remember architecture (was: Re: [Orgmode] Re: is there a hook to save a remember buffer?)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:39:22 +0100

At Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:48:53 -0700,
Samuel Wales wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Here is an idea for a much simpler remember architecture that
> simultaneously solves Alan's problem.

[...]

>   5) Here is my idea: discard the concept of remember
>      buffers entirely.
>      - Create the entry at the target location when you call
>        org-remember.
>      - Employ a virtual buffer to narrow to the created
>        entry.

I like this.  Just yesterday, I was in the process of "remembering"
something when somebody came by my office.  I talked to the person
and, during the conversation, I had the need to "remember" something
that came up.  However, I was already in a remember buffer which was
partially completed.  I had to finalise this before I could start a
new remember and this interrupted the discussion I was having with my
colleague.

Your approach would have worked perfectly yesterday!