[O] [babel] subtree evaluation with results outside the subtree

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] [babel] subtree evaluation with results outside the subtree
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:35:45 +0200

Hi all,

I have the following question.  Consider the following simple org file

#+begin_org
* Subtree to eval (with C-c C-v s)
#+name: some_test
#+begin_src R
  5+1
#+end_src

* another subtree containing the result

#+results: some_test
: 6

#+end_org

(a)
When I evaluate the source block interactively (C-c C-c) the existing
results get updated.

(b)
When I evaluate the subtree containing the source block, on the other
hand, a new result block is created.

While the behaviour in (b) is understandable, I'd like (b) to behave
like (a).
So, is there a way I can evaluate all source blocks in a
subtree, but have their result blocks updated even if they are not
located in that subtree?

Many thanks,
Andreas