Re: [O] Quick poll - do you use the agenda more as a query interface or

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Quick poll - do you use the agenda more as a query interface or as your main view
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:20:49 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm wondering: Do you use the agenda more as a query interface or as your
> main view?
>
> I tend to use the agenda for its powerful search capabilities, and
> either use follow mode and or enter to get more hierarchical context
> of the task (since I tend to follow GTD, and there's always a project/
> sub-projects with actions (TODO), so an item by itself might not have
> all the necessary information about it (what project does it belong
> to, for example). But I never use it as my "main view".
>
> In fact, it would be nice if we could have an agenda view that showed
> items hierarchically (like follow mode, but in the agenda listing
> itself, perhaps with the levels configurable). I might play around
> with it and see if I can come up with something :)

The hierarchy of items in the agenda is shown on the modeline when you
navigate over each item.  I use the agenda to navigate through my
headings and find what I'm working on - then work in the org file until
I need to work on something else ... which brings me back to the agenda
to find out what that is.

Regards,
Bernt