Re: [O] exporting, using names, and inline source code blocks

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] exporting, using names, and inline source code blocks
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:37:26 -0600

Erich Neuwirth <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using the latest version from ELPA, 20120903, OSX 10.8.1, and Emacs
> 24.2.1
>
> The following document describes something which I perceive as strange
> behavior and a wish at the end.

There are a couple of things happening here.

Some can be fixed by adjusting the syntax in your org-mode file.
"elisp" should not be used, rather use "emacs-lisp" and your blocks will
begin to be executed on export.  Also, Emacs Lisp does not support
sessions, so you may as well remove the session header arguments.  And
finally you *can* reference the result of a code block in an inline code
block.  See the attached [1] version of your example Org-mode file for
specifics.

You have also uncovered a bug in the export of inline code blocks
introduced by the following recent commit [2].  I've just pushed up a
new test case which exercises this bug, and which passes before this
commit and fails afterwards.

If you use the updated version of your example file, and either wait for
a bug fix to be pushed, or use a version of Org-mode which pre-dates
this commit you should get the export behavior you expect.

Nicolas, I'm unable to take the time to fix this bug at the moment,
however if you can address it, I suspect the following two items are
relevant.

1. lack of preservation of whitespace around inline src blocks, related
   to the use of :begin at line 166 in ob-exp.el

2. incorrect position of the point before `org-babel-exp-do-export' is
   called at line 181 in ob-exp.el.

Best,

Footnotes:
[1]