[O] Filling comments in Org code block vs in temporary buffer

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Filling comments in Org code block vs in temporary buffer
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:31:58 +0200

#+TITLE:     Filling comments
#+LANGUAGE:  en

* Context

I've stopped using FillAdapt in Org files, and do not suffer any particular
problems, except this one (though, certainly unrelated).

* Problem

When trying to refill the comment directly in the following code block
(staying in the Org file), it has *no effect*.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; a single space does end a sentence. But this sentence is the longest I
could write...
  (setq-default sentence-end-double-space nil)
#+end_src

FYI, C-h k M-q gives:

    ╭────
    │ M-q runs the command fill-paragraph, which is an interactive compiled
    │ Lisp function in `fill.el'.
    │
    │ It is bound to M-q.
    │
    │ (fill-paragraph &optional JUSTIFY REGION)
    │
    │ Fill paragraph at or after point.
    ╰────

* Workaround

- Open it in a temporary buffer (via C-c ')
- Re-run M-q anywhere on the comment

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; a single space does end a sentence. But this sentence is the longest I
  ;; could write...
  (setq-default sentence-end-double-space nil)
#+end_src

FYI, when inside the temporary buffer, C-h k M-q just gives exactly the
same (and expected command): =fill-paragraph=.

* Questions

I think this is quite new, but could not identify anything peculiar in my
config. Do you have the same?

Do you understand why?

Best regards,
  Seb