[O] Doew output to minibuffer when using babel + R and :results silent h

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Doew output to minibuffer when using babel + R and :results silent hurting working with larger data?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 02:46:27 -0500

I'm working with a large dataset. I try to minimize overhead by doing
some bigger data rearranging and calculations in a single block that I
execute once per session and then switch :eval to "no."

This block is set with :results silent, but I know with this option
the results are still printed to the minibuffer. Usually this isn't a
problem, but I've had some hangs with emacs and started wondering if
this could be due to Orgmode regurgitating the results. Could this be
the case? If so, could Org be made to stop this behavior?

If I accidentally type the name of a data frame in the R session
buffer, even when I use C-c C-c  to stop the print out, it still takes
quite a while to catch up and stop itself. It made me wonder if trying
to print all of those results is increasing my compilation times
unnecessarily.

Thanks for any thoughts,
John