Re: [O] Source block processing changes

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Source block processing changes
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:59:16 +0100

Hi Ista and Nicolas,

Ista Zahn wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ista Zahn <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> The only way I can get the headlines and tables to be exported
>>> properly is to set ':results raw', but then I get duplicate results
>>> every time I evaluate the R source block.
>>
>> You can use ":cache yes" in order to avoid duplicating results.
>
> I gave up on using ':cache yes' a long time ago -- the problem is that
> results don't update when the input data changes, as I describe here:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01152.html

That's normal with raw results: as I wrote it in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-09/msg01273.html, as
there are *no obvious markers to delimit the results* in the Org mode file,
there is no way to know where raw results begin or end: raw results *cannot be
removed* [NOR UPDATED] from the buffer.

>>> Is there any way to produce the old behavior in the current
>>> development version of org?
>>
>> Besides using :results raw?

I share Ista's point of view in thinking that we've lost a useful
functionality, but I've not been blocked these days because of that, and
(because of lack of time) I really couldn't yet come up with a case showing it
more clearly.

Best regards,
  Seb

--