Re: [O] sum up variables from different org-mode tables

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] sum up variables from different org-mode tables
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:46:39 +0100

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 06:01:20PM +0100, Martin Gross wrote:
> Dear Michael
>
> > if it’s just summing up disjoint sets hierarchically you might ...
>
> Thank you very much again for your efforts.  Unfortunately this would
> not solve my problem neither.  On the one hand my tables are on
> different entry levels (*, **, ***, etc.) and on the other I am afraid
> I need a more automatic actualization of the mathematic operations.

If I may suggest, from your description of the scale I think you need a
proper programing language with real data structures.  Tables are after
all a convenience (they are human readable).  I would suggest you try
Python or R.  You could input your data as org tables, process them with
source blocks, and finally output the accumulated results as tables
again.

Babel should be able to do something like this.  If you do work out a
solution, it would be great if you share it on the list (maybe a Worg
article?).

GL

--
Suvayu