Re: [O] org-agenda-ignore-scheduled not taken into account in custom age

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-ignore-scheduled not taken into account in custom agenda blocks?
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 11:07:44 -0500

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm implementing some of the ideas of the great norang page
> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html), but there is one thing that is
> failing me. I can see that "org-agenda-ignore-scheduled" work for the
> global todo list, but it does not seem to be working when using a custom
> block. For instance, using the following definition:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
> (tags-todo "-WAITING-CANCELLED/!NEXT"
>            ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Tasks")
>             (org-agenda-skip-function
> 'bh/skip-projects-and-habits-and-single-tasks)
>             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines t)
>             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t)
>             (org-tags-match-list-sublevels t)
>             (org-agenda-sorting-strategy
>              '(todo-state-down effort-up category-keep))))
> #+END_SRC
>
> I still see scheduled tasks.
>
> Is it supposed to be working or am I doing it wrong?

Hi Alan,

This works for me (as part of my custom agenda block)
I just created a new test project

* TODO New test task
[2012-11-24 Sat 11:00]
** NEXT DO this next week
SCHEDULED: <2012-12-01 Sat>
[2012-11-24 Sat 11:00]

I tested it first without the NEXT task scheduled to next week and the
"DO this next week" is in the NEXT list.  After adding the SCHEDULED
date it is no longer on the NEXT list.  If I schedule it into the past
it only shows up on the daily agenda and not in the NEXT list.

Regards,
Bernt