Re: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 19:34:34 +0100

I describe Org-mode to people using something like: «Org-mode is a
very large box of LEGO bricks. What it does for you? It depends on
the bricks you use and how you combine them. It adopts to your
requirements.»

* Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> wrote:

> A slightly improved version in my view:
>
> * Org mode is useful for
> ** Organising projects, maintaining TODO lists and calendars
> ** Creating high quality formatted documents
> ** Keeping notes
> ** Literate programming

** Organizing your thoughts (might be redundant to above)
** Managing contacts[1]
** Managing references[2]
** Re-claim you data from the Cloud[3]
** ...