Re: [O] can babel results show time of evaluation?

From: Thomas Alexander Gerds
Subject: Re: [O] can babel results show time of evaluation?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:26:00 +0100

Hi Bastien,

thanks for you reply, in particular for showing how to avoid
org-insert-time-stamp to convert the current-time into a string.

I should have said more clearly what I had in mind with this. I was
thinking of a reproducible report or manuscript with R source blocks
that produce some results. Here org babel allows one to enable caching
for some or all source-blocks. My proposal has two advantages:

1) when visiting the cached results of a particular block after some
time, e.g. one year later, it would be visible *when* the block was
evaluated. This can be useful, e.g., when there are several versions of
the same dataset which are used to produce the cached results.

2) sometimes it may be unclear which blocks are evaluated when running
org-babel-execute-buffer or org-export-as-x, in particular for org-babel
novices. Thus, showing the evaluation time in the results header will
help to learn how caching works.

Cheers
Thomas