Re: [O] tooltips

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] tooltips
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:30:14 +0100

Rustom Mody writes:

> May I have the setup?
> ie where do I put that JS, the invocation/import or whatever of JQuery etc
> [I really dont know any JS!]

I attach a zip file. It expands to a folder containing three files: a
sample Org document, a current version of JQuery, and the code snippet I
posted. Open the Org and export to HTML, you should see very simple
popups when you hover over the footnote markers.

JQuery is a library that makes it easier to get stuff done in
javascript. You may want to get your own at http://jquery.com.

All the Org setup you need to make it work is in the lines:

#+HTML_HEAD: <script src="jquery.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script src="fntooltip.js"></script>

On an actual website, you might not have the javascript in the same
folder as the HTML, so you'd need to edit the HTML_HEAD
lines to give the right path to the .js files relative to the HTML
document.

Let me know if this doesn't work or isn't clear.

Yours,
Christian