[O] Fwd: API problem

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: [O] Fwd: API problem
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:24:32 +0100

Did not go to the list. :'(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cecil Westerhof <address@hidden>
Date: 2014/1/22
Subject: Re: API problem
To: Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>

2014/1/22 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>
> To solve a problem I have the following line in an org file:
>         - [ ] B (org-list-set-checkbox (line-beginning-position)
> (org-list-struct) "[X]") ITEM STRUCT CHECKBOX (org-list-send-item
> (line-beginning-position) 'end (org-list-struct)) ITEM DEST STRUCT
>
> Executing the org-list-send-item brings the entry to the end of the list,
> but executing org-list-set-checkbox does nothing. What am I doing
> wrong?

`org-list-set-checkbox' modifies the structure, i.e., the internal list
representation. It doesn't modify the buffer. You would have to apply
the new structure to the buffer with `org-list-write-struct'.

Just started today to want to do some thing, so I am a tabula rasa. ;-)

Anyway, it's much simpler to use `org-toggle-checkbox'.

That goes wrong when there is a marked region. I only want to set the current checkbox.

So I have to work out how to use org-list-wrte-struct.

--
Cecil Westerhof