Re: [O] Exporting text

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting text
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:00:52 -0500

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

>> > I'll try re-installing via git.
>> >

>> Ok, I tried making org from git, but I'm still having problems with
>> latex. When I start emacs, I get
>>
>> Symbol's value as variable is void: org-latex-classes
>>
>> NOTE that when I try locate library, I still see the elpa location
>
> Ok, so two other changes seem to have me working again:
>
> 1) move the elpa directory out of the way, and
> 2) explicitly load ox-latex
>
> Now emacs starts up without errors, and I can export to latex without
> errors.
>
> However, the latex output looks like complete rubbish ... just
> headers, overlapping each other vertically.

Use a minimal .emacs, something like this (adjust path to suit your
situation):

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/emacs/org/org-mode/lisp")

(require 'org-loaddefs)

Then  start emacs with

   emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/.emacs

Visit an org file and try latex exporting. If that works, then
your init file is screwed up. If it doesn't, then your org-mode
installation is screwed up.

Nick