Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:12:45 -0400

Viktor Rosenfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, I think that the copyright assignment process creates a huge
> barrier of entry to contribute to Orgmode and that it's unfortunate
> that one has to jump through hoops like this to contribute actual code
> (whereas other contributions, e.g., documentation, have no such
> obligation attached).
>
> Also, my view of the document, as I understand it, is that it's very
> one-sided and unfair to the developer, specifically the future works
> and indemnification clauses. For the record, I will not sign a
> document containing the indemnification clause as it currently stands.

I agree that the assignment process is a big barrier; it's personally
kept me from starting down the path to contributing to several projects.
In particular indemnification is problematic.

But, org-mode is the tail, and it's unlikely emacs will decide to stop
requiring assignment because of anyone here.