Re: [O] #+HOMEPAGE in metadata - feature request?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] #+HOMEPAGE in metadata - feature request?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 02:23:16 +0100

Dnia 2014-03-22, o godz. 00:44:40
Bastien <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Hi Marcin,
>
> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > So the problem is: it would be (imho) useful to have a "homepage"
> > added to general metadata, but it is not clear how to translate
> > this to e.g. LaTeX's (rather ancient) concept of metadata.
> > (Interestingly, some other classes, e.g. memoir, koma-script and
> > titlepage, also do not seem to cater for this need.  I'm going to
> > ask on TeX.SE if there's any class/package enabling putting a url
> > on the titlepage...)  So while (I assume) adding a #+HOMEPAGE
> > field/option in Org would be easy, it is not obvious how to render
> > it for different exporters.
>
> Thanks for the explanations, I get it now; but unless I'm really tired
> (could be), you only mention backends that do not support a concept of
> "homepage"... right?

Right.  I did not really use other backends; what drives my suggestion
is a /need/ for a url in the titlepage, not an /existence/ of such
feature in other tools.  (It would be hard for me to believe that I'm
the only one needing this, btw...)

> There is #+HTML_LINK_HOME in the ox-rss.el backend to specify a link
> to the homepage (different from the baseurl, since you don't want to
> use a baseurl in a RSS feed.)  So maybe that's a start.

I see.  I'll look into this tomorrow.

Thanks,

--
Marcin Borkowski