Re: [O] Reverse lookup from pdf to org?

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Re: [O] Reverse lookup from pdf to org?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:17:54 -0400

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Therefore I export the document to pdf, and look for errors there. Now I
> have to find the corresponding section in the org file - possible, but
> tedious.

Not quite what you have in mind and maybe only a half-measure but when I
produce draft latex documents I like to turn on this package:

\usepackage[color]{showkeys}

It prints the symbol used for labels, references and citations in light
gray in the PDF output.  I can then search for these in the tex to find
the corresponding region.  To the extent they are set in your .org
source you might do similar.

A little screen cap is attached to show an example output.

-Brett.