Re: [O] An org password manager

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] An org password manager
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 10:36:12 -0400

> A useful feature would be an auth-source backend, See (info "(auth)")
> By this, other packages (like Gnus or Tramp) would profit from the
> password manager directly.
>
> Best regards, Michael.

Thanks Michael. I will look more into auth. What is your idea? To be
able to use something like auth-source-search, to pass features of the
org-passwords database as secrets?

I only use auth for gnus and jabber, so my .authinfo.gpg is only five
lines. What setup could benefit on that? Can auth send secrets to other
applications, like a web browser?

Best,

Jorge.