Re: [O] R code block produces only partial output

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] R code block produces only partial output
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 14:11:35 -0500

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Charles Berry <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

>> Eric,
>>
>> As noted by Andreas and John this is a problem for session output.
>>
>> org-babel-R-evaluate-session uses
>>
>>  (string-match "^\\([ ]*[>+\\.][ ]?\\)+\\([[0-9]+\\|[ ]\\)" line)
>>
>> to find the start of R output in the session.
>>
>> This does not match the `          0', but matches the `         .6'
>> in the output you show above, so if that had been in a session, all the
>> output up to and including the '.' before the '6' would be clipped
>> by the following
>>
>>   (substring line (match-end 1))
>>

>> as Andreas output showed.
>>
>> Deleting the "\\." fixes Andreas case, but what are the circumstances
>> requiring the  "\\." ?
>>

> I don't know.

I'm not sure either, but was curious if someone could translate the
regex into "plain language." Maybe I could observe some typical
outputs and chime in since I use R regularly? From noob-level regex
stuff, it's looking for a new line followed by some number of spaces,
a ">" and at least one period and numbers?

If I'm recalling correctly, I also noticed that babel spit out the
output from loading the rms package on the first run with :session,
but I don't think it did it with non-session. I'll have to try that
again to be sure. Re-running the block removed the package load
message.

John