From: Nicolas Goaziou
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:12:21 +0200

Hello,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> The code which checks to ensure that paragraph wrappers are only
> inhibited if they are inhibited for the whole list mistakenly keeps
> paragraph wrappers if one item of the list is itself a list
>
> The location of this bug is the (cdr contents) in line 2899 of
> ox-html.el.  I'd be inclined to remove this form, but I'm not sure what
> valid case it checks for.

This is more a misunderstanding that a bug. (cdr contents) tests if
there is anything after the current paragraph. In the following example,

  1. hola
  2. uno
     - dos
  3. tres

item "2." contains (paragraph plain-list), so (cdr contents) in not nil.

I understand that "paragraph is alone in its item" is not a good test to
skip paragraph wrappers. I'm still confused about what a good test would
be. In particular, what should be done in the following cases

  - item
  - item
    - subist
    resuming item

i.e., (paragraph plain-list paragraph), and

  - outer

    another paragraph

    - inner
    - simple list

i.e., are nested plain-lists independent relatively to paragraph
wrappers skipping. I think so, but I'd rather make sure.

Nicolas Goaziou