Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....

From: Jacek Generowicz
Subject: Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 09:53:24 +0200

Alexis <address@hidden> writes:

> i can't help but wonder if the 'MobileOrg' endeavour needs a reboot.

It seems clear that it does.

> More specifically, it seems to me that rebuilding MobileOrg as a single
> project [...] might be a way forward,

This is vital!

> on top of Apache Cordova:
>
> https://cordova.apache.org/

I'd just like to float Kivy as another possibility:

   http://kivy.org

What makes Kivy interesting to me in this context (apart from its
cross-platform nature) is its excellent support of gestures, which gives
me (the perhaps naive) hope that a little more than an utterly trivial
feature set might be provided on the mobile form factor.

> Unfortunately, due to other existing commitments, i wouldn't be able
> to take point on such a reboot.

The dreamer in me thinks this might be the itch-to-scratch that finally
motivates me to getting to grips with Kivy; the realist in me is pretty
certain that I fall into the same category as you.