Re: [O] cannot execute org-mode code from the front page tutorial.

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] cannot execute org-mode code from the front page tutorial.
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 22:41:52 -0400

address@hidden (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> I can't make the changes - apply the your path - because my ob-R.el file
> is completly different, its a elisp file and doesnt contain any R code.
>
> The file is located at /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-R.el
>
> Can you tell me how do I proceed to apply our changes to my emacs?
>
> Thanks again for your help.

Sorry, I tested latest org (and wrongly assumed that that's what you are
using). Can you post the results of

        M-x org-version

here? I'll try to take a look at what goes wrong in that version.

For the record, the patch modifies the initialization of two
lisp constants that ob-R.el defines in its latest incarnation. This
change was introduced by Rainer Krug on June 23 with commit
4c415f38a5c71b45409faf9b59030ee7cee6abad. Before that, the values were
transmitted through temporary files. I hope Rainer (cc'ed) takes a look
at this thread: he is clearly the R expert here.

--
Nick