[O] [RFC] Beautiful LaTeX for Org sources and Agenda info?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] [RFC] Beautiful LaTeX for Org sources and Agenda info?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:18:17 +0200

Hi List,

When creating an Org-Bandbook PDF, one can include

 - lilypond scores

 - song arrangements as plantuml activities

which both produce beautiful output.

But other possible chapters are

 - tasks and timeline (agenda files and their timeline)

 - funds (ledger reports)

 - people (kind of org-contacts)

and their looks is not really impressive in the PDF.

I wish I could just create taskjuggler charts and reports for the tasks,
but unfortunately taskjuggler3 only creates html reports currently, and I
don't know of a way to embed these into LaTeX docs (if you heard of one,
let me know please).

So the 3 latter chapters are basically exported headlines, property
drawers, planning info and example blocks. The output looks really
*plain*, with typewriter fonts etc.

Exporting such org-sources to html gives beautiful pages thanks to CSS,
does somebody have customizations that produce beautiful latex too? How
do you export your org-contacts file to latex? How do you export Agenda
files or Agenda buffers (e.g. the Agenda timeline buffer looks quite
nice in Emacs, but not so when put in a quote-block and exported to
latex.)?

Any hints would be welcome.

--
cheers,