Re: [O] strange behaviour with org-indent-mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] strange behaviour with org-indent-mode
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:14:27 +0000

On Wednesday, 10 Feb 2016 at 21:20, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

[...]

> Maybe
>
> ,----
> | C-h v org--indent TAB
> `----
>
> shows you some potential culprits?

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the suggestion.  This has helped me solve the second
problem.

It would appear that the environment for capture has changed and, to be
specific, the value of org-adapt-indentation is not being changed to
reflect the desired behaviour implied by org-indent-mode.  Globally
setting org-adapt-indentation to nil solves my problem.  Previously, I
did not need to set it to nil globally as it was set locally in any
buffer that was indented, from what I can infer.

Note that org-indent-mode-turns-off-org-adapt-indentation is set to t
which is why I think that capture is doing something wrong or, at least,
its behaviour has changed recently.

The first problem remains but I think I have found the culprit: the org
agenda.  If I load my files directly/explicitly, they indent.  If the
files, however, are loaded by org-agenda, they are not.

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.90.1, Org release_8.3.3-535-g7213aa