[O] Feature Request: LaTeX export table/figure notes in float environmen

From: Felix Kaminsky
Subject: [O] Feature Request: LaTeX export table/figure notes in float environment
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 08:20:22 +0100

Hi list,

I am amazed by org-mode and baffled that I didn't find it earlier. It revolutionized my workflow which is usually quickly writing reports and exporting them to PDF via LaTeX.
There is one feature that I really miss. Something to put notes below a table within the LaTeX float environment.
Something that the LaTeX output looks similar to this:

\begin{table}[htb]
\caption
\begin{tabular}
\end{tabular}
\label{...}
Notes: some text
\end{table}

I am currently using a workaround by
setting the option org-latex-table-caption-above to nil and putting the caption below together with the text for the notes.
But in a standard document I'd prefer the caption above.

Maybe it would be possible to create an option #+FLOAT_NOTES similar to #+CAPTION for capturing and placing notes.

Thanks for your hard work.

Best regards,
Felix