Re: [O] How to add left superscripts

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to add left superscripts
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:39:56 -0500

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> I knew there was a way to do this. I forgot the \nbsp, {} by itself does not
> work. Thanks for the
> reminder.

The \nbsp does add a space however, so if you are really picky, it might
not be the best choice: you can do

some text\nbsp^{super}A...

to eat one of the spaces, but if the entity is to be at the left end of
the line, there is no way to get rid of the extra space.

Nicolas's latex method works better IMO:

\(^{super}\)A

or

\(^{\rm super}\)A

if you want a roman font.  This works for me in both latex and html
(with mathjax).

--
Nick