Re: [O] org-mode on Windows Emacs doesn't offer html export

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode on Windows Emacs doesn't offer html export
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:29:14 -0400

Thanks for the advice. Yes, a stripped-down org file did work. Will troubleshoot till the culprit sinister is found.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, thanks Eric. Got latest-greatest 8.3. I did a (require 'ox-html) and (require 'ox-latex) and the options did show up. Not sure why my Linux side had these and the Windows side did not. But still I get this error:

org-latex-compile: PDF file c:/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Temp/babel-6812T7_/latex-6812ivv.pdf wasn't produced

Not sure what this is about or what it has to do with exporting to html.

Something is wrong in your setup.
I can guarantee that HTML export is working out of the box under Windows.
Start by trying with an org file not requiring any babel stuff.
Depending on (possibly complex) image format conversions,
you may need either some TeX distribution (TeXLive prefered AFAIC)
and/or GhostScript and/or ImageMagick.

Fabrice