Re: [O] org-src-fontification buffers

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] org-src-fontification buffers
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:40:49 -0400

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having an issue with a buffer that is created by org for
> fontification that wants to be saved, although it's temporary. In my
> case, it's org-src-fontification:coq-mode, but it seems the problem
> happens for other languages (see
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/20593/org-src-fontify-natively-makes-magit-think-there-are-unsaved-files/20607)

Trying with elisp blocks, I'm not able to reproduce this (pretty recent
Emacs 25, GNU/Linux, latest Org).

How are you calling save-some-buffers?  It should ignore buffers that
aren't visiting files unless its PRED argument is non-nil or a function
that returns non-nil.

Can you step through save-some-buffers and see what's going on there?
Specifically, what's passed in as PRED and what happens here?

    (or (not (functionp pred))
        (with-current-buffer buffer (funcall pred)))

> Is there a way to tell emacs it's ok to kill this buffer without saving
> it?

We could `(set-buffer-modified-p nil)', which will force
save-some-buffers to ignore it, but I don't think that should be
necessary.

--
Kyle