Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:57:58 +0200

On Mon, 11-04-2016, at 13:56, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Me too, thanks for that tip!!!
>>
>> Add another one. :-)
>>
>> That said, though, I am finding the behavior of KeySnail's hok's very
>> flexible (follow the link, open multiple links in tabs, open link in a tab
>> and switch to it, open in a tab but do not switch to it, open in a new
>> window, copy the link, save [download] the link, etc).
>
> Hok, the history search plugin, and the download manager plugin are all

Eric, do you mean the dlbsnail and S3.dlbsnail? Or do you mean the
"LinkDownloads"? The last one I've not been able to get to work (seems to
do nothing).

In fact, after these couple of days of usage, I have tweaked the config so
that most of my muscle memory with Conkeror does not need to be
changed. But the download thing is still not great because when I try to
save something I am eventually offered one of those dreaded pop-up
file-explorer-like windows.

In contrast, with Conkeror after typing a key (s) and the hint, in the
bottom mini-buffer like I can use common Emacs keybindings to modify
path, names, etc.

Am I am missing something?

Best,

R.