Re: [O] Annotating org exporters

From: Sebastian Fischmeister
Subject: Re: [O] Annotating org exporters
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 01:31:12 -0400

> This sounds a bit like org-entities.  I use this together with cdlatex for
> quickly inserting such things.
>
> Try to type \Rightarrow and type C-c C-x \
> Also try to export to text (non-unicode).  You will get the desired symbol.
>
> Alternatively, you can use one of the many input methods such as TeX or
> rfc1345 in which case you can get the ‘⇒’ by typing ‘\Rightarrow’ or
> ‘&=>’, respectively.  In latex, you can setup unicode-math.

That's interesting, because it's more robust to add something to the
org-entities-user list than to regexp replace a portion of the whole
document.

However, there are two disadvantages to org-entities: (1) they have to
start with a backslash (e.g., \Rightarrow) and (2) they don't seem to
support alphabet-based names, so this doesn't work:

(add-to-list 'org-entities-user '("=>" "\\rightarrow" t "=>" "=>" "»" "»"))

  Sebastian