[O] Inquiry about ical2org

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Inquiry about ical2org
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:33:44 -0500

Greetings,

I was looking to get my Outlook calendar into Orgmode to better
schedule my work (this way I can see my official meetings in Org
already where I do task management).

I found ical2org, and implemented it successfully via the "Share
calendar" .ics link that Outlook can generate. I have a question on
repeated meetings. The default appears to be this format:

<2016-05-19 Thu 08:00-09:00 +2w>--<2016-11-17 Thu>

I interpret this to be a bi-weekly meeting which runs through
2016-11-17, however agenda puts the meeting on every single day. From
reading around, this doesn't appear to be a valid format for
accomplishing period recurrences:
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2464598/org-mode-schedule-weekly-event-for-a-period

I just wanted to reach out and see if this is a setup issue or if
recursion + a range is not the right way to go about this. If not, my
quick fix would see if I can hack the awk script to not include the
end date for the range, as deleting that appears to work. That would
incorrectly show future appts that may not be real, though.

Thanks for any suggestions,
John