Re: [O] Expansion of macros conditional on export type

From: Giacomo M
Subject: Re: [O] Expansion of macros conditional on export type
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 12:26:48 +0200

Il 27/05/2016 12:17, Eric S Fraga ha scritto:
I know one way would be to use @@latex: ... @@ w/ ascii counterpart
each time, but I would rather envision a single macro, which then gets
defined in different way depending on the export, in order to reduce
redundancy.
You can put all the different alternatives together?  I do the following
for degrees Celsius:

#+macro: degc @@odt:°C@@@@latex:\(^{\circ}\)C@@

Looks ugly but I don't have to look at it often.  In text, I simply have
{{{degc}}}.

(minor aside: I wish macros had been defined to be used with [[[degc]]]
instead as much easier to type than {{{degc}}})

Perfect! Actually I hadn't tried to combine them.
For chunks of text like institute affiliations, may I ask if you use different BEGIN_EXPORT blocks or sth else?

Thanks a lot,

Giacomo