Re: [QUESTION] What's the ":desk" link parameter?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [QUESTION] What's the ":desk" link parameter?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 21:22:12 +0800

> I'm not sure `org-link-make-description-function' is used a lot out
> there, but the change may break existing configurations/hacks.

It should not break anything. I did not remove
`org-link-make-description-function' functionality. Just marked it as
deprecated.

> Also, is it something we could use in the current export backends
> or just for the users?  If the latter, then I'm in favor of making
> this move, probably for 9.5.

I am not very familiar with the export code, but the function provided
in :description property should follow the same conventions with
`org-link-make-description-function'. The only place it is used is
org-insert-link. I do not see how it can influence export code. As I
understand, org-insert-link is mostly for users.

Best,
Ihor

--
Ihor Radchenko,