Re: [feature request] A new cookie type [!] showing the last note taken

From: Julius Müller
Subject: Re: [feature request] A new cookie type [!] showing the last note taken
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:42:07 +0200

Am 31.08.20 um 04:26 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> I would not call defining syntax for notes "a syntax change". Rather
> addition to syntax. Since there was no formal definition of notes in the
> past, introducing formal syntax for notes should not break any existing
> tool. If anything, it should make it easier for those tools to deal with
> notes.

Make it easier perhaps -- once the tool has been changed to the new
syntax. But you might break current usage. And not everyone using such
tools has coding skills to make those tools work again.

Prof. Kitchin kindly gifted me with some code for a flash card learning
system. That code uses org-add-log-setup directly. Notes added like that
might not follow your newly added syntax.

Julius