Re: latex fragments compilation error when exporting to html

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: latex fragments compilation error when exporting to html
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 07:15:54 +0200

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Jeremie Juste <jeremiejuste@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> When I export test.org to html, the latex fragment fail to compile.
>> The reason is a star get added to the tabular environment. {tabular*}
>> (see tmpfile.tex).
>>
>> I don't know why the function insists in using the tabular* environment.
>>
>> From this point I would have two questions:
>>
>> How can I remove the star from the tabular environment ?
>> How can I can I find the culprit?
>> - I was hoping to provide a patch by finding the culprit but I got lost.
>>   - I tried to debug-on-entry org-format-latex.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Jeremie
>>
>>> test.org

>> tex:imagemagick title:nil author:nil date:nil
>> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{booktabs}
>>
>>      \begin{tabular}{lll}
>>      \toprule
>>       1 & 2 & 3 \\
>>       5 & 6 & 8 \\
>>      \bottomrule
>>      \end{tabular}
>>
>>> tmpfile.tex

>> {\color{fg}
>> \begin{tabular*}{lll}
>> \toprule
>>  1 & 2 & 3 \\
>>  5 & 6 & 8 \\
>> \hline
>> \end{tabular*}
>> %
>> }
>>

> I cannot reproduce it with Org mode version 9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-705-gea9463
> @ /home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/lisp/).
> What version are you using?

Thanks for have taken the time to check.

The org-version I was using was
Org mode version 9.3.7 (9.3.7-13-ge62ca4-elpaplus @
/home/djj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200713/)

I updated to the latest version on melpa but the issue persists
Org mode version 9.3.7 (9.3.7-24-g7b657c-elpa @
/home/djj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200831/)

Best regards,
Jeremie