Re: [feature request] A new cookie type [!] showing the last note taken

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [feature request] A new cookie type [!] showing the last note taken
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 13:52:20 +0800

> However, writing an item
> with a line break at the end of its first line is not necessarily
> a note.

You are right. I missed that \\ is also a newline for LaTeX export.

Another possibility is re-purposing counter definition from ordered
lists. Currently the "\\[@[0-9]+\\]" is used to force item number in
ordered lists:

1. item
5. [@5] another item
6. next item

However, it is unused it unordered lists. We might define a note as a
unnumbered list item with [@note]:

- [@note] This is note

In addition, all the list items in :LOGBOOK: drawer may be considered
notes (to avoid a need to change the current format of the
automatically added notes).

What do you think?

Best,
Ihor