Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 09:53:21 +0530

Asa Zeren <asaizeren@gmail.com> writes:

> In these concerns I see one major flaw. The way they are worded at
> present implies that the Emacs implementation of org is the "one true
> implementation," and that all tools in other environments are
> auxiliary.

At present, that is the truth. Where are other implementations that we
can call true implementations? May be I am not aware of them. Could you
please list a few?

> I believe that if we want org to grow, then it needs to become unbound
> from Emacs. It should become a universal markup format, which just
> happens to have had many tools first implemented for Emacs (even if
> Emacs still will probably remain the best way to edit org files).

I would love to see org becoming a universal markup format. My wish is
that the standard should be under control of Worg. This should be the
only source of truth and implementors may contribute to the standard by
participating in the community or may be some steering committee here.