Re: Reply-All noise

From: Anthony Carrico
Subject: Re: Reply-All noise
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 13:38:27 -0500

On 10/9/20 3:24 PM, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
Do you receive double mails? Doesn't it bother you?

Normally I would agree with you, but there is a very simple explanation for this particular list: This mailing list is very high traffic and people can't pay attention all the time.

I automatically filter it out of my email and look at it occasionally, so I miss most of the discussion, which is fine, except if I submit a patch or an issue, etc., and weeks or months later activity moves toward my patch/issue/etc. Basically, you need to reply-all to wake people up when a topic that interests them comes around.

--
Anthony Carrico