Re: Org-GCal ?

From: Peter Hardy
Subject: Re: Org-GCal ?
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 22:19:03 +1100

David Masterson writes:
> My issue is (CMIAW) that
> org-gcal seems to have a 1 to 1 connection between a Google calendar and
> an Org file (org-gcal-file-alist).  I'm trying to figure out how to use
> this when my workflow is split across many Org files.

Have you considered using org-caldav instead? It can sync across several
org files - events created in org can live in any of them, while events
created in gcal will be synced to an inbox file, and can be easily
moved.

I haven't personally tried it syncing with gcal, but it claims to
work. And a superficial read of both org-gcal and org-caldav READMEs
suggest they use the same authentication workflow.

https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav

--
Peter