Re: Bug Re: Greater than, less than bug in emacs-lisp source block

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: Bug Re: Greater than, less than bug in emacs-lisp source block
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 07:29:08 +0300

hi, all.

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> wrote:

> Well, in this case it is a tool deficiency, if you don't like gt, than use
> use "greater-than", it can't be more clear intent? After all, this is a lisp,
> and
> '>' is just a symbol name, like any other. For the inclusion of code, yes, but
> that is why we have (with-eval-after-load 'org ...).

i'll note that in R, the assignment operator is (most often) "<-".  i
see issues there, also, in inline source blocks.  i then use [C-c '] to
open a source block, and can balance my parentheses to my heart's
content.  it's somewhat of an annoyance.

also, there's something called "polymode" (?) which might someday
provide this "multi-major" service in .org files.  i haven't been able
to make it work with org mode, and i think i've heard that same thing
from others on this list.

cheers, Greg