Re: Org table: numeric locale

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Org table: numeric locale
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 21:47:00 +0700

On 05/09/2021 18:08, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
Maxim Nikulin writes:
On 28/08/2021 14:07, Jarmo Hurri wrote:

Emacs documentation says that Emacs uses the value of LC_NUMERIC:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/General-Variables.html

It is a confusing statement, see:
- https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29645
   #29645 Feature Request: Locale aware formatting
I see. I am surprised by the disparity between documentation and
reality, given the quality I have learned to associate with emacs.

You may report a documentation-related bug to debbugs.gnu.org. Far in the past there were some changes in the code, maybe update of documentation was forgotten.

src/ChangeLog.6

1996-04-08  Richard Stallman  <rms@mole.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
        (x_term_init): Restore LC_TIME as well as LC_NUMERIC.
1995-07-16  Richard Stallman  <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
        (x_term_init) [HAVE_X11XTR6]: Set LC_NUMERIC and LC_TIME back to C.

Git archeology may provide more detailed info, though I have not tried.