version-to-list: Invalid version syntax: ‘9.5-dev’

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: version-to-list: Invalid version syntax: ‘9.5-dev’
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 10:06:22 +0200

Hello,

I moved to the new repo and rebuild org.

Now I get the following error message:

version-to-list: Invalid version syntax: ‘9.5-dev’

It seems someone checks for the version number and can’t handle the ´-dev´.

When I change org-version.el to ’9.5’ (which I shouldn’t do) the problem is
gone.

I’m using Emacs 26.3 and 27.2 with scimax (which requires lots of packages from
ELPA), both have this problem.

Should I investigate to find the culprit?

And if yes, how?

Greetings Axel