Re: Suggestions for improved suffix parsing in oc-biblatex

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: Suggestions for improved suffix parsing in oc-biblatex
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 13:08:41 +0200

Bump

Am 08.09.2021 um 15:37 schrieb Denis Maier:
Hi,

I think the suffix parsing in oc-biblatex could be improved. Consider this example:

====================================
#+cite_export: biblatex authoryear

[cite:@doe 4]

[cite:@doe 4, with some more text]
=====================================

This gives us
=====================================
\autocite[4]{doe}

\autocite[4, with some more text]{doe}

The problem isĀ  that biblatex will add a label if the suffix consists only of a number, a range of numbers, or a list of numbers. So \autocite[4]{doe} will result (Doe 2021, p. 4). However, \autocite[4, with some more text]{doe} results in (Doe 2021, 4, with some more text). In this special case you'd have to help biblatex:
\autocite[\pnfmt{4}, with some more text]{doe}
=> (Doe 2021, p. 4, with some more text)

FWIW, pandoc's citeproc already has some support for this. There you can use braces to specify a locator in a complex suffix. Like so:
[cite:@doe {4}, with some more text]

I don't know how complex that is, but that would be a great addition.

Denis