Re: Org Column in Thunderbird

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org Column in Thunderbird
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:26:49 +0800

You dropped Org ML from the CC. Was it intentional?

AFAIK, https://web.hypothes.is/demos/ somehow works with PDFs in browsers.

>> Also, did you announce this anywhere outside Org ML?
>
> I have no idea where I should announce it since currently it is useful
> mostly with Org mode. Unsure if e.g. API of Joplin app will allow to get
> all links of certain kind in all notes.

/r/orgmode I guess.

> Also I am afraid that I may broke something in Thunderbird internals. It
> has some code for custom columns but docs are rather scarce, so I am
> unsure if I implemented it properly. It is a reason to take a pause and
> to wait if my profile would turn into unusable state.

Part of the benefit of the announcement could be having a feedback and
people trying and reporting if you actually broke something :)
Of course, it does make sense to test things locally first and catch the
most obvious issues.

Best,
Ihor