Re: Adding target and custom id links doesn't ask for description

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Adding target and custom id links doesn't ask for description
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 18:35:35 +0700

On 03/08/2022 01:58, Carlos Pita wrote:

This is the link that org-insert-link inserts for <<here>>:

     [[here][file:~/Desktop/Org/capturas.org::here]]

This is the link that org-insert-link inserts for CUSTOM_ID = cusid:

     [[#cusid][file:~/Desktop/Org/capturas.org::#cusid]]

Perhaps description and link are swapped? In both cases the full path
is redundant since the link is pointing to the current file, but the verbosity is arguably less adequate for the description field.

In my opinion, attempt to fix storing of <<target>> links broke such use cases, however I am unsure that we are complaining about exactly the same things. My attempts to alleviate the issue:

Max Nikulin. Re: Bug: org-store-link uses CUSTOM_ID instead of target point. Sat, 6 Nov 2021 19:51:29 +0700. https://list.orgmode.org/e2c807a7-1924-6f08-9e63-4f70aee9d3b5@gmail.com