Re: Dates in headlines

From: Ypo
Subject: Re: Dates in headlines
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:45:30 +0200

I found it again:

"If the headline contains a timestamp, it is removed from the link, which results in a wrong link—you should avoid putting a timestamp in the headline."

https://orgmode.org/manual/Handling-Links.html#FOOT28

this iirc has been obsolete for many years and ime and on ml never was
an issue.  i tried to find out why it was mentioned but did not find
anything.  it might have been an ambiguity in the manual to do with
active tses like in your example?  e.g. the agenda will remove the
active ts at least in certain cases, but that is a deliberate feature.

i successfully rely on inactive as below.  they are sorted by the ts.
a capture template inserts them.

much better than date trees for my case.  always show, sorted at
bottom, no hierarchy, nothing out of sync, can scan and bisect to find
an entry or get a sense of number, can change a ts and sort again,
looks the same in the agenda, etc.

***** LOG [2021-07-01 Thu] vulcans mediating with klingons
***** LOG [2021-06-28 Mon 15:44] brawl.  scottie of course :(.
***** LOG [2021-06-28 Mon 15:44] hauled away AS garbage?