emacs-tangents

Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 11:28:22 +0000

Eli, I am managing websites since 1995. Placing references for software on
websites, or newspapers, or in emails, or in directories, catalogue, anywhere,
including in GNU ELPA , be it a link or not, Just text, It Is promotion of
those websites, software, or opinions.

If we declare in such references that e.g. Skype is proprietary and abusive
software then it is anti promotion, and we then rather promote free software
like Jami as replacement.

Repology.el package does not constitute anti promotion like the example from
GNU.org, it just promotes all kind of software without distinction as many
included repositories do not show licensing information, some do, some not.