Re: Recovering playback state of multiple playlists and over multiple se

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Recovering playback state of multiple playlists and over multiple sessions
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:05:56 +1100

Yuchen Pei <hi@ypei.me> writes:

Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@gmail.com> writes:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:22:38 +1100
"" <hi@ypei.me> wrote:

Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@gmail.com> writes:

> "Both times it sends the seek request and skip to the end of > >
the  > track"
> above sounds to me a bit like an unexpected/undesirable > > result > though - > is that seek position that you're using supposed to be "end > > of > the > track", or do you try seeking to the middle of the track, > but >
always
> end up at the end (and then cycling to next track in  >
playlist)?
> The seek was triggered by (emms-bookmark-next). I saved a bookmark in the middle of a track with (emms-bookmark-set) before switching to a different playlist, came back to the original playlist, start the track from the beginning and invoked (emms-bookmark-next). I can tell from the log and with text-properties-at the seek timestamp is the same as the one saved in the bookmark. Whether it saved the wrong timestamp, or the seek did not work, I don't know. The bookmark was at about 26 minutes.

Oh, right, you have this seek sent in there:

  ["seek",38214,"absolute"]

While duration is reported to be:

  {"command":["get_property","duration"],"request_id":651}
{"data":2729.433333,"request_id":651,"error":"success"} I.e. 45-min file, and seek was sent to 38214 = ~10 hour mark,
definitely beyond the end.

Will check bookmarks specifically myself too, but if you see that
38k
value stored in the bookmark, I think it must be stored incorrectly from somewhere, as pretty sure seek-to should just use amount of
seconds, and that doesn't seem to be that.

emms-bookmarks-add uses the emms-playing-time, which from some
observatiosn seems totally different from the current timestamp in the track.

 (emms-bookmarks-set (emms-playlist-current-selected-track) desc
 emms-playing-time))

I think I might know the problem here... emms-playing-time seems to be entirely controlled within emacs and not affected by what happens in the player (mpv in my case). If I seek in mpv the emms-playing-time does not change at all. Is there a way to pass back the playing time from the player to emms to make emms-playing-time or just emms-bookmark-add more accurate?

-- Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>